Interlocked make-up air dampers provide make-up air when called for to keep the home comfortable by allowing the range hood to operate at optimum levels
- Directwire Make-Up Air Dampers, when interlocked with slave dampers, open in unison to provide synchronized operation for kitchen, bath and whole house ventilation products. Wired to the transformer, using low voltage wiring, which signals the damper to open and close while the range hood is in operation. The intelligent design options ensure optimum performance in a variety of installations and applications.
- Directwire design works with select range hoods to balance indoor air pressure by providing interlocked make-up air; damper opens automatically when fans are activated
- Slave dampers (MD6S or MD8S) are interlocked to the main automatic or universal make-up air damper and open in unison for synchronized operation. They close, along with the main damper, as soon as the range hood is powered off. Slave dampers can be "ganged" together to provide a cost effective means to provide for higher volumes of make-up air
- Interlocked make-up air damper systems meet IRC Code requirements for make-up air with range hoods over 400 CFM
- Interlocked make-up air systems avoid wasted energy associated with barometric solutions and do not let unwanted air into the home during heating or cooling activities so air pressure is equalized for a well-balanced environment
- Fresh air wall caps are required for use with Make-Up Air Dampers
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
The manufacturer's parts and labor warranty is typically for only 1 year but
for as little as $110 for an appliance with a purchase price of under $500, you can have peace of mind for a total of five years. Kitchen package appliance coverage plans are available if you wish to protect multiple appliances at the time of purchase.
Did you know that the average cost for a service company to come to your home and diagnose an out-of-warranty appliance problem is $100.00. Once the problem is determined, there is the additional expense for parts and labor to resolve it. Appliance repairs can range between $150 and $500.
If you are concerned about spending money on a service contract you will never need, our New Leaf ServicePro extended service plans will refund 50% of the service contract purchase price to you if no covered appliances have service calls during the extended warranty coverage period.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.